Ad ID: 3273
Added: August 9, 2019
Phone: 0095987 375587
(FOR National ONLY)
Reports to : Deputy Individual Lending Manager
Based in Regional Offices, but with frequent visits to the branches in respective region, the incumbent serves as the IL Coordinator, reporting to the Deputy IL Manager of DAWN. The incumbent is responsible for assisting to growth and high quality for the Individual Lending Business Unit in assign Region. As such, the incumbent will assist to lead the design, planning and implementation of the Individual Lending Business Unit of Regions and its corresponding Business Plan, and will be accountable for meeting its business targets.
In addition to the key responsibilities listed below, the ILC will complete miscellaneous duties assigned to him/her from time to time by Deputy IL Manager/ IL Manager of DAWN.
1)Management of IL Team in Branches and Regions
– Lead and supervise IL Team in Branches in respective Region to have growth and quality of business with specific targets for IL.
– Assist to set the targets for IL in Branches, together with DILM.
– Monitor and supervise IL Team in Branches to achieve targets of IL activities with quality.
– Assist DILM to set organizational performance targets regarding IL.
– Assess and monitor to ensure IL products meet demand, stay competitive and are effectively rolled-out in the region.
– Maintain a high standard of discipline and teamwork in the IL Team, and take necessary actions to ensure that all staff in the IL Team are performing according – and even over – expectations.
– Develop annual plans and budgets for the IL Team in the Region, and supervise to achieve annual targets in him/her Region.
– Ensure that a strong corporate culture to promote cooperation with Branches and other Departments, efficiency, service quality, and high ethical standards in the delivery of financial services is implemented.
– Lead IL Teams in Region to have disbursement planning and support to achieve to increase outstanding loan portfolio.
– Manage staff recruitment for suitable candidate, promoting for qualify internal staff, and transfer in the regions by instructions of DILM.
– Accompany loan officers, IL supervisors and credit analyst to directly supervise in the field sales, promotion, evaluation and recovery activities.
– Coordinate and collaborate with Regional Manager, Branch Managers and GL teams to get efficient implementation in the Region.
– Organize and act as chairperson of credit committees at his/her level and approve loans.
2) Credit Portfolio Management
– Monitor if IL policies, norms and procedures are accurately applied across all levels; provide an adequate level of control to ensure that the entire IL process is working according to procedures for assign Region.
– Analyze what factors are affecting IL delinquency rates at the level of the branches and regions and develop recovery strategies by assisting DILM.
– Take feedback and report to Operation Manager to update IL Manual twice per year, and to perform periodic updates of Orders, based on the requirements of the IL business.
– Perform analysis on key performance indicators and write reports for the DILM.
– Lead the team to solve the problems in the field level regarding customers.
– Assist Training Team to develop IL training modules, and provide training to staff in Region as necessary.
– Involve in discussions in workshops, meetings and trainings in the Operations Department.
– Coordinate and supervise the training of branch personnel.
4) Budget ,Planning and Expansion
– Assist to DILM for budget, planning and expansion plan for IL activities.
– Assist DILM in developing sales strategy in order to increase the number of clients, maximize sales, and keep current clients.
– Collaborate with Deputy IL manager and expansion team in researching different Branches in the Region.
• A Bachelor Degree is required. Degree in economics, finance, banking, mathematics is a plus.
• At least 5 years’ working experience in Microfinance and financial sector.
• At least 2 years’ experience in managing branches/regions.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent computer and Microsoft Office (word, excel and PowerPoint) skills
• Commitment to work as a team member at team.
• Good communication, coordination, monitoring and planning skills
• Ability to communicate in English and local language highly desirable
• Excellent budgeting, financial, supervision, planning and monitoring skills required
• Must be able to work independently and make decisions
• Understanding of geographic area desirable
• Ability to travel throughout Myanmar and willingly to take responsible in any region of Dawn as necessary
What We Can Offer
-Medical Benefits & Insurance
Working Days => Monday to Friday
– Opportunities for promotion
– Possibility for job training
– Learn new skills and techniques
About Our Company
Early Dawn Microfinance Company Limited (DAWN) was founded in 2002 as a program under Save the Children International. In 2015, it became an independent company and has rapidly grown into one of Myanmar’s largest and leading microfinance institutions, providing high-quality financial services to micro and small business owners. DAWN is registered with the Ministry of Finance & Planning and operates with a deposit-taking license granted by the Financial Regulatory Department.
DAWN is a fast-growing company with a need for talented individuals who share our values (Respect, Excellence, Innovation and Passion for Social Change) to support our growth. We have opportunities across the organization, in the field and at head office. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a dynamic work environment, opportunities for learning, development and advancement, and a chance to work with a fantastic team.